silo overflows -- what can I do about this?

Robert Clark Robert_Clark at mac.com
Thu Oct 19 15:49:25 PDT 2006

COM1 - 3F8 IRQ4
COM2 - 2F8 IRQ3
COM3 - 3E8 IRQ4
COM4 - 2E8 IRQ3
[RC]

On Oct 19, 2006, at 1:02 PM, Joseph Garcia wrote:

Robert Clark wrote:
Make sure the Serial port is enabled in BIOS?
I've seen integrated-chipset-provided serial ports be disabled in
BIOS and still be probed and in used by the OS. The ghost ports
would  then work depending on how the OS serviced them.
I've also seen multiple ports configured on the same resources.
[RC]
It's enabled and it does work. I can log into the PIX, but when I
say "write terminal" and it starts spitting out the configuration
then that's when I get those error messages and it stops receiving
data from the device.

Now, sharing the same resources is another thing which I haven't
checked for. I'll take a look when I reboot the machine. Should be
3F8 and 2F8 right?

Joey