silo overflows -- what can I do about this?

Joseph Garcia bsd_usr at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 18 17:15:23 PDT 2006

Matthew Dillon wrote:
:I changed that line and I rebuilt the kernel, installed the kernel, and
:rebooted. I tried it again, but I still have the same problems. Any
:other ideas?
:
:Joey

    What is actually being run over this serial port?  Just a console
    session, or something else?  What baud rate are you running at ?
					<dillon at xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
It's just a serial console cable to a cisco device. It's a PIX in this
case. I'm using the cisco supplied blue roll over cable. Pretty much
normal. It seems to work fine when using my notebook.

So it can either be a) the hardware on the DragonFly box, or b)
something in DragonFlyBSD. The notebook runs FreeBSD. I'm almost curious
enough to yank the hardrive out of the OpenBSD box (another box where it
works fine too) and put in the DragonFlyBSD hardrive to rule out the
hardware.

I can do that if you want, that way we don't chase things that are
hardware related. You know what I mean?

Joey