Can't start KDE or TWM with KDM

walt wa1ter at myrealbox.com
Fri Oct 6 08:13:57 PDT 2006

On Fri, 6 Oct 2006, Frank Petitjean wrote:

> Date: Fri, 06 Oct 2006 16:30:26 +0200
> From: Frank Petitjean <smalljim95 at xxxxxxxx>
> Newsgroups: dragonfly.users
> Subject: Re: Can't start KDE or TWM with KDM

> Does any one know "who" is the user "Cyrus" ? and why my root is called root &
> Charly on KDM ?

The user 'cyrus' belongs to the cyrus-sasl package, which is required by the
kde-base package.

'Charlie Root' is the 'full name' of root, as opposed to the user-name.  That's
the name that appears on email which is sent to root by cron, etc.  That name
seems to be a BSD tradition.  I'm sure you can change it to anything you like.