pkgsrc binary upgrade question

Gergo Szakal bastyaelvtars at gmail.com
Tue Oct 3 13:15:17 PDT 2006

Justin C. Sherrill wrote:
I wrote that section.  It should fetch the binary versions, unless the
path you supply is to, well, the source tarballs.
Well, the command

pkg_chk -P
ftp://dfpkgsrc/pkgsrc-current/DragonFly/1.6.0-RELEASE/i386/All -abf
fetches the sourcefiles, writes [Fetch] and exits. If I do like this:

pkg_chk -P
ftp://dfpkgsrc/pkgsrc-current/DragonFly/1.6.0-RELEASE/i386/All -abu

then it fetches the files and does the upgrade (well, it tries its best,
of course I had to manually fix dependency hell for 2+ hours).