COMPAQ Pentium4 dies on boot.

Justin C. Sherrill justin at shiningsilence.com
Mon Nov 20 13:11:07 PST 2006

On Mon, November 20, 2006 2:43 pm, Glen Johnson wrote:
> post
> DFly BSD,
> Over the past year I have downloaded both versions 1.4 and 1.6 to see
> how they run on some COMPAQ computers.  Both of these versions do not
> work on these COMPAQ computers.  Here is what I do see before it dies.

Just for laughs, can you boot DragonFly 1.0A or 1.2?

We split from FreeBSD around version 4.8, if I recall correctly, and then
updated the bootloader sometime later.  Since you said earlier versions of
FreeBSD boot normally, I'm curious to see if the incompatibility comes
from some change from FreeBSD that migrated in a later update.