atheros card and wpa_supplicant

Alex Burke alexjeffburke at gmail.com
Sat May 13 11:36:50 PDT 2006

Hi,

I downloaded those bits and pieces, and I used athdebug to set the
debug variable.
Will try to give you all the info I have so far, including some new
bits thats must be due to the debugging being enabled.
When if_ath is loaded...
ath0: <Atheros 5212> mem 0x88010000-0x08801ffff irq 4 at device 0.0 on cardbus0
ath0: tx_proc_q01234=
ath0: MAC Address: <MY MAC ADDRESS>
ath0: mac 7.9 phy 4.5 radio 5.6
Having twiddled that debug variable, upon ifconfig ath0 up i get
ath_init: if_flags 0x8803
ath_stop_no_pwchg: invalid 0 if_flags 0x8803
now ifconfig ath0 down gives
ath_stop_no_pwchg: invalid 0 if_flags 0x8842
I have also seen an invalid if_flags message with the number as 0x8802
i think, but cant remeber exactly how i triggered it (i think it was
after the device timeouts running the supplicant.
I am probably being numb, but what other messages should i have been
seeing? (I havent really ever debugged anything like this, so I
apologise for taking teeny tiny steps). I guess that means interrupts
may not be getting through......
Also, running systat -vmstat i dont see an irq4 or ath0 entry...but i
really am not sure if that was something that it helps to check.
Cheers, Alex J Burke.