80211 patch3 (to be committed)

Andrew Thompson andrew at hijacked.us
Fri May 5 06:16:16 PDT 2006

On Fri, May 05, 2006 at 11:19:32AM +0800, Sepherosa Ziehau wrote:
> Please rebuild ath(4) modules

I did, using the tarball linked in your post... I believe ath_rate loads OK, and
ath_hal also loads without error(though it refuses to autoload) if_ath is the
one that causes havoc when I load it...

> Don't load it on startup, load it manually after you have booted your
> system.  if it refuse to load, please give me the messages on console.
> I think you may left out something in kernel config.  Please don't
> force load a module, it normally will cause a panic :-)

Okay, I'll remove them from the autoloaded modules list and try it manually.

> That will be OK, since I think you have a "world" from previous patch

Yes I do, I was hoping that'd be enough.

> Yeah, GENERIC should work, but first let's see what you have missed in
> your config file

I'll attach a copy of my config when I get home tonight. I tried not to disable
anything critical but maybe I got a bit over enthusiastic with commenting out
lines... ;)

Andrew