atheros card and wpa_supplicant

Sepherosa Ziehau sepherosa at gmail.com
Mon May 1 05:44:29 PDT 2006

On 5/1/06, Alex Burke <alexjeffburke at xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello,

Sorry I didnt reply sooner - I did as you asked, turned the AP SSID
No need to be sorry :-)

masking off and it still shows the same behaviour as it did before, it
never associates and then spits out the device timeout message. This
What's the result of `ifconfig ath0 up scan'?

behaviour then repeats itself until i exit the supplicant.

I havent yet had a chance to try your latest 802.11 patch, so maybe
that is another thing I should do. Also, again if you think it will
make a difference I could knock my network back to WPA instead of 2
(or even WEP I guess).
It will be helpful, if you can test in following order:
1) without any protection
2) WEP
3) WPA
The only other thing I was not totally sure about was under FreeBSD 6
I had to kldload wlan and wlan_tkip (plus possibly wlan_ccmp). I tried
kldload'ing wlan under DFly, but kldstat didnt show anything so I am
not sure if that was a necessary step.
If you are using GENERIC as configure file, then all the necessary
modules are already in kernel, or let's say it is not necessary to kld
additional modules.
Best Regards,
sephe
--