adding boostrap code to boot system

joerg at britannica.bec.de joerg at britannica.bec.de
Thu Mar 2 05:58:04 PST 2006

On Wed, Mar 01, 2006 at 02:05:55PM -0800, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
> ad0s1: rejecting partition in BSD label: it isn't entirely within the slice
>
> But I don't know why that slice was even looked at since I set "ad0s4".

Because it reparses the MBR. But the message above it just a warning
that it rejected ad0s1d, the rest should work fine. It should have no
affect on ad0s4.

> How can I do it from the boot loader prompt from LiveCD? (How to use
> LiveCD to boot ad0s4?)

Escape to comment prompt. The rest is out of my memory, so it might be
slightly wrong:
	set currdev=disk0s4a
	unload
	boot /kernel -s

Afterwards check whether ad0s4 device entry are present and /etc/fstab
is correct :-)

Joerg