High interrupt CPU usage in top

Mark Cullen mark.r.cullen at gmail.com
Wed Jun 7 14:53:57 PDT 2006

joerg at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
On Wed, Jun 07, 2006 at 03:41:28PM +0100, Mark Cullen wrote:

I don't know if it is anything to be concerned about, but I seem to be
seeing high interrupt CPU usage in top (at least) when compiling things...

This is a problem of system accounting. The pkgsrc build is heavy on
fork and exec, which is quite different from most other system loads. I
get it consistently on my build system as well.
Joerg
That wouldn't be:

  accounting_enable="NO"

in rc.conf would it? If not, can whatever it is be turned off? I guess
it's nothing much to worry about either way.

Thanks