Any serious production servers yet?

Scott Ullrich geekgod at geekgod.com
Sat Jun 3 15:19:24 PDT 2006

James Mansion wrote:
jemalloc scales great on SMP, see Jason's BSDCan paper.

I'll search for it.  I note that nedmalloc does well, there's
a new ptmalloc, and the latest nedmalloc seems to be based on
a new DLMalloc that I think's not public yet.  And the google
malloc seems to work pretty well, though I've not looked closely
at it since its *Nix only and I favour things that will work
on WIn32 too.  Thanks for the pointer though.
Here's a couple links.

http://people.freebsd.org/~jasone/jemalloc/bsdcan2006/BSDcan2006_slides.pdf
http://people.freebsd.org/~jasone/jemalloc/bsdcan2006/jemalloc.pdf
I had the pleasure of attending Jason's talk at BSDCan and it was quite
impressive.

Scott