BootBlocks.

Max von Seibold maxvonseibold at ambientaether.net
Sat Jun 3 03:03:21 PDT 2006

Hello,

Does anyone know of any documentation, or howto's on configuring
bootblocks. I have two hard drives in my tower and have DragonFly on
one. I want to install debian on the second. I am familiar with GRUB but
cannot find anything when I google Bootblocks.

Any pointers would be gratefully received.

Regarding the issues of production servers. I would like to point out
that as a relative *nix newbie I chose Dragonfly because it was new.
OpenBSD and NetBSD seemed daunting and FreeBSD seemed wrapped up in all
manner of debate. I would probably have found FreeBSD simpler but hey,
here I am and I liked the freshness surrounding Dragonfly.

I think the statements regarding the need for documentation are very
accurate. Trying to glean information from posts, and websites can only
get you so far (quite far with a lot of patience). This installation
guide was very nice I thought:-

http://www.scottro.net/dfly/dfinstall.html

And the new Wiki is useful but it is clearly written from a highly
experienced users point of view.

Thankyou to all.