USB Pen drive

Rob Andrews rob at choralone.org
Wed Jun 28 02:55:55 PDT 2006

On 28-Jun-2006 09:51.34 (BST), Steve O'Hara-Smith wrote:
 > > usbd shouldn't be needed for a USB mass storage device (e.g. like a
 > > pen drive).
 > 	I thought it was needed to manage the dynamic connect/disconnect
 > recognition (the man page indicates that it is so I've always used it). Does
 > that all happen properly without usbd ?

All of the connect/disconnect events are handled at the HCD (host controller
driver) driver level. usbd can act upon connect events to, say, start moused
when a USB mouse is connected (this is defined in the configuration by
default).

--
rob andrews                       :: pgp 0xb35ff721 :: rob at xxxxxxxxxxxxx