Replacing Sendmail with Postfix in the base system

Sascha Wildner saw at online.de
Wed Jun 14 11:28:57 PDT 2006

elekktretterr at xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Seeing that sendmail is old,archaic, not-as-secure and difficult we should
start moving to a better alternative such as Postfix. If anyone has
something against it, raise your hands. Otherwise I'll start trying to do
it.
Petr
Would that include free future maintenance like what we get from the
sendmail guys?

So far no one has mentioned the fact that our sendmail stays current
without _any_ work required by the developers.

I think that's a great benefit that should be taken into consideration.
I haven't looked at how often Postfix puts out new releases, though.

Sascha

--
http://yoyodyne.ath.cx