Replacing Sendmail with Postfix in the base system

Adrian Michael Nida nida at musc.edu
Wed Jun 14 07:07:43 PDT 2006

On Wed, 2006-06-14 at 16:06 +1000, elekktretterr at xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Seeing that sendmail is old,archaic, not-as-secure and difficult we should
> start moving to a better alternative such as Postfix. If anyone has
> something against it, raise your hands. Otherwise I'll start trying to do
> it.
>
> Petr

Petr,

On the original wiki, I had a HOWTO about setting up a new mail server
(using postfix).  Both back surgery, work, family, etc. have kept me
from trying to recreate this page on the new wiki.  Instead of coding up
something that is going to piss off a bunch of folks (and probably not
get committed anyway), could I convince you to take a stab at recreating
this page?  That way if someone does want to swap out sendmail for
$mailer, they know exactly how to do it.

Thanks,

Adrian