Odd News Server symptom?

Martin P. Hellwig mhellwig at xs4all.nl
Wed Jun 7 14:23:24 PDT 2006

Matthew Dillon wrote:
:Folks,
:
:Perhaps it is just my client (Mozilla on OS X), but on most postings
:over a day or two old, I am seeing the header only, and the below
:message (originally in html) as body:
:
:==============================================================
:
:Error!
:newsgroup server responded:No such article number in this group
:
:Perhaps the article has expired
:
:<200606041916.k54JG5pp033112 at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> (5994)
:
:Click here to remove all expired articles
:
:===============================================================
:
:Wazzup?
:
:Bill Hacker

    /news crashed on crater.  A few days were lost relative to
    my last backup.
Well if we had ZFS this was almost zero problem ;-)
By the way how is progress going for the fundamental layers in that
area? Because most of the technical explanation are way over my
competence I don't get the fine details of it, anyone care to give some
insights on what the progress is/which are the hairy parts, in a
language that me, a simple administrator with no kernel coding
knowledge, could comprehend with careful reading?

--
mph