SMBFS questions

Gergo Szakal bastyaelvtars at gmail.com
Wed Jun 7 06:23:24 PDT 2006

On Wed, 7 Jun 2006 09:26:05 -0400 (EDT)
"Justin C. Sherrill" <justin at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>On Wed, June 7, 2006 3:36 am, Gergo Szakal wrote:
>> Hey, I am here again, with my n00b questions. :-)
>> I would like to load smbfs support at boot time. How do I achieve it? i
>> cannot even load it after boot, I get this:
>
>In /boot/loader.conf:

I have no such file. May I create one or is there smth wrong? (I am running 1.5.3_DEVELOPMENT, maybe I ought to go back to some sort of stable branch?)

>libiconv_load="YES"
>libmchain_load="YES"
>smbfs_load="YES"
>
>The libiconv and libmchain modules are necessary for support of smbfs;
>they don't get automatically get loaded.  (A potential project for anyone
>with the skills.)
>
>If you want to load it up now without rebooting:
>
># kldload libiconv
># kldload libmchain
># kldload smbfs

Thanks a lot, I was already aware, just forgot about libiconv and google spit out results with libmchain & smbfs only (NB: they were mostly FreeBSD mailinglist entries). It was my fault, I was not BTFWing enough.