What would you like in DF 1.8?

Petr Janda elekktretterr at exemail.com.au
Mon Jun 26 01:59:06 PDT 2006

Now when DragonFly release (1.6) is next door, I think it might be a
good idea to start thinking what do we users want in the release after
1.6. Note that I certainly don't intend to put anymore pressure on Matt,
Joerg, David, Simon and other devs as I know they are quite flat out
with their work already.

My wishlist is:

1) NSS implementation in libc - I would like to build DragonFly machines
who's users can authenticate via pam+nss to an LDAP server as if they
were local users.
2) Filesystem  ACLs - Necessary for any serious Samba work.
3) ZFS
4) 1:1 threading

What's yours?

Petr