Announcing bug tracker

Oliver Fromme check+j2egoz00rsy28dtq at fromme.com
Fri Jul 14 09:51:47 PDT 2006

Simon 'corecode' Schubert wrote:
 > Oliver Fromme wrote:
 > > Obviously that makes it somewhat difficult to handle,
 > > because a different hash is generated each time.

Even worse:  I just noticed that all those check+* addresses
clutter the "assigned-to" drop-down list.  :-(

I have now changed my account name to "olli" (which is my
real username on this machine).  Would you please remove
all the remaining "check+*" accounts, Simon?  Thanks!
I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

 > > Unfortunately, I don't know how to easily solve that
 > > problem.
 >
 > yes, I noticed that, and I don't know either.  The only practical
 > solution would be: always use the same email address :)

Hm.  Do you think it would be possible to parse another
header line (if present) for the account name?  Something
like this:   X-Roundup-Account: olli
Of course,the NNTP <-> mailing list gateway would have to
preserve that header (I'm posting via the news server, not
via the mailing list).

What do you think?

 > or just use one address and never post to the lists, but file
 > follow-ups to the web page.

Yup, that would be possible.  But somewhat inconvenient,
I have to admit.

 > of course i could hack a special functionality in roundup (it is very
 > modular, on purpose) to reduce addresses from (\w+)\+(\w+) -> $1
 > (oversimplifying), but that a) wouldn't be versatile and b) unsafe.
 > even letting people add regexp for email addresses is unsafe (i could
 > take .*@.* or such)

I agree.  That would be an ugly hack, and potentially
dangerous.  (And it wouldn't even work correctly on my
machine, because the "check" part of the "check+xyz"
string is not a username, it's a facility.  The actual
username is encoded within in the hash.)

Best regards
   Oliver