Announcing bug tracker

Justin C. Sherrill justin at shiningsilence.com
Sun Jul 9 13:30:22 PDT 2006

On Sun, July 9, 2006 4:03 pm, Simon 'corecode' Schubert wrote:

> I have been running a bug tracker since over half a year now, hidden from
> the big public (so that I could test it), but coupled to both bugs@ and
> submit at .  So what happens is basically each mail to those lists gets
> inserted into the bug tracker by either appending it to the audit trail or
> creating a new issue.  Each person posting to these lists automatically
> gets an account on the bug tracker set up automatically.

I have to point out that this system solves - very nicely - the biggest
problem I saw in the past with a bug tracker: double entry.

On old systems, you could talk about something in the mailing lists, and
enter it into the bug tracker (as I had Bugzilla running for a while when
I had a different local setup), but there was no way to connect between
the two without extra tedious work.  That problem isn't really there with
this tracker.