xorg-clients package

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Wed Jul 5 10:27:10 PDT 2006

:On Wed, July 5, 2006 12:46 pm, Matthew Dillon wrote:
:
:>     I personally believe that the file should contain the line by default
:>     since 99.9% of the installations will want to run a local server,
:>     but I guess we would have to convince the pkgsrc package maintainer
:>     of that.
:
:That would be Joerg, who already seems unconvinced.  :)

    Well, I'll just point out that not only do 99.9% of X installations run
    on local machines and need that line, but also 95% of the users using
    those X installations will have no idea that the Xservers file needs
    to be modified or even what an 'Xservers' file is!  So just about anyone
    who is not otherwise told about having to modify the file will believe
    that xdm is broken.

					<dillon at xxxxxxxxxxxxx>