Postfix suddenly stopped working

Jon Hamilton hamilton at pobox.com
Thu Jul 27 19:46:48 PDT 2006

Joerg Sonnenberger <joerg at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, said on Fri Jul 28, 2006 [04:19:35 AM]:
} On Thu, Jul 27, 2006 at 08:42:36PM -0500, Jon Hamilton wrote:
} > I never did get to the bottom of it.  I rebuilt postfix and all of its
} > dependencies, with no change in behavior.  I did not ktrace the process,
} > but gdb told me that it was sticking on an flock - I never did figure out
} > which file though.
}
} That's the problem we have been trying to reproduce for ages, but never
} had much look. If you produce such a setup, we would appreciate it.

I can spend some time this weekend and am confident I can recreate the
issue.  I'll follow Matt's suggestion in an earlier response and move
to HEAD (I'll sync my CVS tonight) and see what I can see with his
recommended test program.

--

   Jon Hamilton
   hamilton at xxxxxxxxx