Final 1.4 engineering, official release will be on Saturday

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Thu Jan 5 09:27:57 PST 2006

    I am finishing up the release engineering today and will roll an ISO for
    overnight distribution to our mirrors this evening, along with the
    necessary web pages and such.  I am going to give our mirrors a day
    to get the ISO's before I make the web pages live so the official
    release is going to be on Saturday (7 Jan 2006)!

    I know there are some issues with regards to timezone selection,
    MFS specifications, pkgsrc, etc, but I think we are just going to have
    to live with them for this release.  I will create an errata page
    where the issues can be listed.