pkgsrc daemon rc scripts should go in /usr/pkg/etc/rc.d?

walt wa1ter at myrealbox.com
Mon Feb 27 06:58:09 PST 2006

Sascha Wildner wrote:
> joerg at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>> Link those you want into /etc/rc.d and add the corresponding entries to
>> /etc/rc.conf.
>
> Hm, on a recently set up machine, all pkgsrc rc scripts were installed
> to /etc/rc.d. /usr/pkg/etc/rc.d is empty.

Theoretically, everything should respect what you told bootstrap
to use for sysconfdir when pkgsrc was first installed.  It's default
value is supposed to be /usr/pkg/etc if you don't specify.

'bootstrap' should write this value to mk.conf as PKG_SYSCONFBASE, but
I don't have any such variable in my mk.conf -- dunno why.