"UNIX"

Erik Wikström erik-wikstrom at telia.com
Fri Feb 24 03:34:37 PST 2006

On 2006-02-23 22:02, Chris Rawnsley wrote:
Very interesting. Well now that I know I will try and be a little more
careful in how I refer to it.
If it is all capitalised that would lead me to believe that it stood
for something, but I can't find anything on the matter. Do you know
why it is capialised and/or do you know the reason they chose the
name?
Chris
UNiplexed Information and Computing System, according to wikipedia
(replaced the last C and S with an X). I believe that the name has
something to do with MULTICS (Multiplexed Information and Computing
System?), but exactly what the differance between multiplexed and
uniplexid is I don't know.

Erik Wikström
--
 "I have always wished for my computer to be as easy to use as my
 telephone; my wish has come true because I can no longer figure