testing modular X.org on DragonFly

Joseph Garcia bsd_usr at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 23 10:32:23 PST 2006

Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
Any volunteers to help test the modular X.org on DragonFly?

The instructions are at http://wiki.x.org/wiki/ModularDevelopersGuide.

I am using its ./util/modular/build.sh script on the CVS HEAD. I do have
pkgsrc packages for freetype2 and MesaLibs installed (and probably some
other packages needed too).

I have been updating my local checkout of the modular Xorg to build on
DragonFly.

I have some to commit upstream, but need some testers first. If you can
help test, please carbon-copy me. I will commit upstream and/or provide
diffs for you (as appropriate).

(After I get DragonFly support added, then I will later work more on the
pkgsrc packages for these.)

 Jeremy C. Reed

	  	 	 http://www.pugetsoundtechnology.com/
Just to be clear, this is X.org 7.0 right? I woudln't mind giving this a
try, but let's say I already have 6.9 installed. What would I need to do
to cleanly wipe it out and then install 7.0? Hmmmm, now that ask that I
realize that I should probably look at your link. Maybe, my  question is
answered there. If it isn't, then maybe someone can chime in.

Joseph