Problems booting - stack overflow at boot menu [ updated ]

Matt Emmerton matt at gsicomp.on.ca
Wed Dec 27 21:50:16 PST 2006

> On Wed, December 27, 2006 10:30 pm, Matt Emmerton wrote:
>
> > This still happens for the current latest 1.6 snap (09-Dec-06) when
> > booting
> > from the live CD for me.I'd love to get DFly installed on this machine
> > (since 1.2 and 1.4 worked fine), but 1.6 is proving to be a
challenge.I've
> > seen the suggestions of using gcc-2 to build boot0, but is difficult
since
> > I don't have a DFly build environment nor a livecd instance.Any ideas on
> > how to fix this?--Matt Emmerton
>
> It sounds like this wierd error so far has only happened on snap release
> versions; have you tried the release image?

I just downloaded/burned the 1.6-rel image and encounter the same problem.

FreeBSD 4.x installs fine, although the 6.x loader is hit or miss --
sometimes it locks up during the countdown sequence, and sometimes it works
'normally'.  Is it possible that my hardware is crap and needs to be put to
rest?

--
Matt Emmerton