Process for patch/build/install/modify/rebuild/reinstall

tannj fake at email.addr
Fri Dec 8 06:19:27 PST 2006

On Fri, 08 Dec 2006 03:55:28 -0500, Geert Hendrickx <ghen at telenet.be>
wrote:

On Thu, Dec 07, 2006 at 10:29:53PM -0500, fake at email.address wrote:
At first I thought I could modify code in the work directory and run
bmake  from /usr/pkgsrc/x11/xorg-server, but that didn't work.  Please
enlighten  me with a better way.
Once a build has finished, running bmake again in the pkgsrc directory
won't do anything anymore (even if you made changes), because it sets a
.build_done "cookie" in your work dir.  Just remove it, and run bmake
again.
Btw, you can save local patches in a ${LOCALPATCHES} directory, so you
don't have to apply them manually each time.  Pkgsrc will apply them
after
the pkgsrc patches.  Just set LOCALPATCHES=/some/where in /etc/mk.conf
and
put your patches in $LOCALPATCHES/x11/xorg-server/*.

	Geert

Thanks!  That's just what I needed.