Replacing vixie cron with dillon's cron in base?

Simon 'corecode' Schubert corecode at fs.ei.tum.de
Fri Apr 21 03:04:21 PDT 2006

On 21.04.2006, at 11:27, Emiel Kollof wrote:
I notice that we have Vixie's cron daemon in base.

Why don't we have Matt's own cron system there instead of vixie's?
dcron is
simple, small, effective and secure. It supports multiuser crons as
well. It
would probably need a relicensing (because dcron is GPL).

If people still want vixie's cron, it's in pkgsrc-wip anyway.
with the same line of argumentation i could say let's keep vcron and if
people want dcron, it's in pkgsrc-wip anyway (and if it isn't there, it
should be easy to put it there).  unless of course it administers the
same or has other important features we don't want to miss.  so what's
the real gain with dcron?

cheers
  simon
PGP.sig