nss_ldap and pam_ldap

Simon 'corecode' Schubert corecode at fs.ei.tum.de
Sat Apr 8 02:38:57 PDT 2006

On 08.04.2006, at 05:36, Petr Janda wrote:
My first question is concerning nss_ldap. Is there anyway to get it to
compile
& work on DragonFly? The version is pkgsrc is only for netbsd-3.0. i
tried
and it doesnt compile on DF.
i'm not sure, but i don't think that we have pluggable nss modules yet.

My second question is concerning pam_ldap. While it compiles cleanly,
I dont
know how to integrate pkgsrc's pam in DF. The goal is simple: user
authentication against a remote ldap server. Is DF pam-enabled by
default?
DF is pam-enabled and uses openpam, like FreeBSD does (and I think
NetBSD does as well, just an older version).  Probably it is just a
matter of tweaking a little bit here or there.

What I need to do is get postfix and dovecot authenticate mail users
against
an ldap server.
I don't know dovecot, but postfix can for sure authenticate mail users
without pam or nss.  Just add an ldap map for authentication.  Of
course that's only worthwhile if you don't need those users to exist as
POSIX-users on the system.

cheers
  simon
PGP.sig