ICH7 ?

Andreas Hauser andy at splashground.de
Wed Apr 5 04:44:50 PDT 2006

bsddiy wrote @ Wed, 05 Apr 2006 17:27:02 +0800:
> Chuck Tuffli wrote:
>
> > On 4/4/06, David Xu <bsddiy at xxxxxxx> wrote:
> >> Is there any dragonflybsd .iso I can install on intel ICH7
> >> south bridge based machine ?
> >
> > I was able to install 1.4 on a ECS PF5 Extreme (Intel 945 based w/
> > ICH7). Using a SATA-II drive didn't work (NCQ maybe?), but I was able
> > to install the OS without any other trouble on a regular IDE drive.
> > Hope that helps.
> >
> > ---chuck
>
> Yes, it is Intel 945, and dual-core Pentium-D, the
> HDD is SATA disk, and supports NCQ, is this the problem ?

NCQ on itself shouldn't matter.
What is the problem exactly? Maybe you can post the dmesg?
Or did the iso fail to boot at all?

The only problem i had with SATA was that the boot0 couldn't
find the SATA drives so i had to use an ATA drive for the loader
but that was with another controller, not ICH7.

--
Andy