ICH7 ?

Chuck Tuffli ctuffli at gmail.com
Wed Apr 5 03:44:19 PDT 2006

On 4/5/06, David Xu <bsddiy at xxxxxxx> wrote:
. ..
> Yes, it is Intel 945, and dual-core Pentium-D, the
> HDD is SATA disk, and supports NCQ, is this the problem ?

I never investigated whether this was a problem with the ICH7 or the
NCQ. I'll see if I can borrow a SATA-I drive (i.e. no NCQ support)
today and try installing 1.4 to it. The other thing to do is port the
ATA changes from FBSD 6 over to 1.5 to get support for AHCI which
should also help out. Maybe I'll take a look into that as well.

---chuck