Serious question: Is DragonFly's smp ISP-production-ready?

Tomaž Borštnar tomaz.borstnar at over.net
Tue Apr 18 14:21:09 PDT 2006

Petr Janda pravi:
We have a p3 2x1133mh (i think) box not used and i was thinking about setting
it up as  as a mailfilter gateway. The question is, is DragonFly's SMP
production ready and the whole system suitable for mission critical
applications? I'd like to hear what Matt and other devs and users think.
1.2.6 and later is rock stable. Stable for databases, mail server, web servers, etc.

Or should I go with FreeBSD?
It all depends on which one do you know how to administer. Both will work.

Tomaž