Upgrading 1.2 to 1.4

Erik Wikström erik-wikstrom at telia.com
Sun Apr 16 12:54:26 PDT 2006

On 2006-04-16 21:19, huub wrote:
Hi,

What is the easiest way to upgrade from 1.2 to 1.4? I've burned the 1.4
iso, but that only installs the system. Can I only do cvsup on the
kernel and portstree?
You should be able to use cvsup and pull the latest source and just
compile and install. However read the UPDATING-file in /usr/src first.

One important thing to notice is the fact that DragonFly no longer
supports ports for third-party application, since 1.4 NetBSD's pkgsrc is
used. This probably means that all your current installed ports will
cease to function (someone correct me if I'm wrong) and you should
uninstall them before upgrading and then install the pkgsrc-version
(might want to check so these packages are available).

For more info about pkgsrc check out this howto:
http://wiki.dragonflybsd.org/index.php/Set_up_and_use_pkgsrc
Erik Wikström
--
 "I have always wished for my computer to be as easy to use as my
 telephone; my wish has come true because I can no longer figure