how do people play with different versions of DBSD on the same system?

Erik Wikström erik-wikstrom at telia.com
Sat Sep 24 03:30:49 PDT 2005

On 2005-09-23 16:31, Bob Bagwill wrote:
How are people playing with different versions of DBSD on the same
system? Do you install them on separate disks? Separate slices?
Separate partitions? If you want to avoid having separate /etc's,
/var's, and /home's, what's the most elegant way to do it?
Not sure you can have one /etc for several BSDs, I seem to recall that
it's not always been compatible between different versions of DF (pamd)
so I wouldn't expect the same /etc to work for more than one BSD. Not
sure about /var.
When superVFS is in place, would we be able to have a /release,
/preview, /development, and mount them over / at boot-time?
Would it not be easier to install one instance of each and use the same
/home for all of them, that would probably work even for multiple BSDs.
--
Erik Wikström