editor poll

Thomas E. Spanjaard tgen at netphreax.net
Thu Sep 8 08:15:07 PDT 2005

Richard Nyberg wrote:
At Thu, 08 Sep 2005 16:36:59 +0200,
Thomas E. Spanjaard wrote:
Richard Nyberg wrote:
Which is your main text editor?
Pardon me, but who seriously cares?
Really, this was just to satisfy my curiosity. I thought of this as a
good way too see which editors are popular and maybe try one of them since
I can't get emacs to work properly at the moment. My intention was never
to argue about which editor is best, but to know which are commonly used.
I'm very sorry to have offended you.
No sweat, just wanted to make sure that this wouldn't end up the wrong
way. That said, I bet there are actually a lot of emacs users on DFly,
as there are in the rest of the world. Less for the graphical editors
though, because they usually don't work due to all sorts of
misassumptions etc (kate for example). To satisfy your curiosity, I use
vi, vim, DrPython, UltraEdit32, PyPE, Notepad.exe, Scintilla and Kate.

Cheers,
--
		-- Thomas E. Spanjaard
		   tgen at xxxxxxxxxxxxx