[GoBSD] kernel doesn't compile using gcc40

Simon 'corecode' Schubert corecode at fs.ei.tum.de
Tue Sep 13 06:57:39 PDT 2005

[wrong list, cc&reply-to users at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]

Paulo Aukar wrote:
I have followed S. Schubert instructions about the compilation of
DragonFlyBSD 1.3.5 in order to upgrade a 1.2 version. The first
building{world, kernel} process was done using gcc34 (and
/etc/make.conf registering "WANT_GCC40=yes"). Updating has shown no
problems at all. Reboot. Everything seeming successful. But during
the second building (compiling under CCVER gcc40), after a complete
make buildworld, building refused to compile the kernel ("config: not
found" "***Error code 127"). I tried to compile "manually" (config
GENERIC; cd ../../compile/GENERIC; make depend all and received the
following message:
cc1: error: unrecognized command line option "-fno-stack-protector"
First of all, building the kernel with gcc40 isn't yet working.  There
are still some sources that won't compile.

secondly, it seems that we need to rework our compiler flags framework
because gcc40 doesn't have propolice included and thus doesn't know the
flag.

cheers
  simon
Work - Mac      +++  space for low $$$ NOW!1  +++      Campaign     \ /