Stdio and DragonFly changes

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Thu Sep 29 10:35:52 PDT 2005

:
:Joerg Sonnenberger <joerg at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
: > On Thu, Sep 29, 2005 at 04:15:32PM +0000, Oliver Fromme wrote:
: > > In my opinion, an application which wants to know the size
: > > of stdio's buffer is badly designed.
: >
: > The application doesn't want to know the actual size of the buffer, it
: > just wants to know whether any data is inside. This is useful e.g. when
: > dealing with network traffics to avoid hangs :-)
:
:Hm.  Should't non-blocking I/O be useful in that case?
:
:Best regards
:   Oliver
:
:--

    Most stdio implementatons can't handle non-blocking I/O.  I
    don't know if ours can or not.

					<dillon at xxxxxxxxxxxxx>