DragonFly on a Pocket (210M) CD-R?

Simon 'corecode' Schubert corecode at fs.ei.tum.de
Thu Sep 29 09:26:46 PDT 2005

Oliver Fromme wrote:
Indeed there are a few things which come to mind which are
probably not needed on a rescue CD:
[...]
 - /usr/include
[...]
 - most of the locales (/usr/share/locale)
[...]
 - If you don't plan to compile things from the rescue CD,
   you can also get rid of the compiler toolchain, debugger
   and related things.
I'd keep a compiler as long as possible.  Hacking/downloading a helpful
program and compiling it is really important, at least for me.

considering the locales, I'm not sure if you need them for editing or
such...

the first things I'd remove would be (they have nice NO_* flags to use):
- i4b
- bind
- sendmail
etc.

cheers
  simon
Work - Mac      +++  space for low $$$ NOW!1  +++      Campaign     \ /