Python in base?

Martin P. Hellwig mhellwig at xs4all.nl
Thu Sep 29 08:04:46 PDT 2005

esmith wrote:
Is Python GPL? If it is, there is no chance of having Python in the base
distribution, correct?
Python is not GPL, it's a BSD like license.
http://www.python.org/doc/Copyright.html
Personally I like Python very much and would love to see it as a
standard installed package, just like cvsup, however I think the chance
that Python (or PostgreSQL my favo bsd like licensed db) would be
standard installed is very slim, because you force another package down
the throat of the poor administrators.

Most bsd administrators I know have a bit of "I can &%$^$@% install my
own $%#!$%* package if I need it" personality, perhaps not without reason.

--
mph