Dfly 1.2 + Qemu don't cooperate

Vivek Ayer vivek.ayer at gmail.com
Mon Sep 26 08:17:41 PDT 2005

Hi,

I'm trying to install dfly via qemu in Arch Linux. I'm using the
latest stable (1.2) of dfly. Unfortunately, during the install, I get
an error about connecting to port 9999 (pid 608) when trying to enter
the bsd installer (ncurses) and I'm thrown back into console. Has
anyone installed dfly on qemu and if so what's the procedure that I'd
have to go through? Which release of dfly should I use? Latest CVS
Snapshot? Qemu works fine for other things like NetBSD and I'll be
trying FreeBSD 5.4 soon, but I'd like to get past this hurdle with the
dfly install. Are there special parameters you have to run with qemu
as you boot from the cdrom (image)? Thanks a lot. Help is appreciated.

Vivek