pkgsrc net/vnc or net/tightvnc

Jeremy C. Reed reed at reedmedia.net
Mon Oct 31 19:20:31 PST 2005

 . ././/config/imake/imake: Cannot exec /lib/cpp.
tightvnc builds an old version of X. -- including its own imake. This is
very inefficient I think. It does depend on "imake" too :(

Since it does not have a vnc_unixsrc/Xvnc/config/cf/DragonFly.cf it falls
back to bad values. And it has a Imake.tmpl that sets wrong values. I
started to look at this.

. .. but I remember I heard of a autoconf tightvnc (or vnc) ...

I see it in CVS at
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/vnc-tight/tightvnc/
Maybe try tightvnc-1.3dev7_unixsrc.tar.bz2 from
http://www.tightvnc.com/download.html
You can test packaging it via pkgsrc-wip project. Or ask
tech-pkg at xxxxxxxxxx if anyone as packaged up the tightvnc release
candidate.

 Jeremy C. Reed

 	  	 	 BSD News, BSD tutorials, BSD links
	  	 	 http://www.bsdnewsletter.com/