rl0: watchdog timeout

Emiel Kollof coolvibe at hackerheaven.org
Fri Oct 7 10:06:17 PDT 2005

Op vrijdag 07 oktober 2005 15:09, schreef Sepherosa Ziehau:

> > > It is OK for rl(4), you can just ignore it.
> > > Actually rl(4) on HEAD or Preview is better than its counterpart on
> > > Release.
> >
> > I do have massive slowdowns with NFS because of it (or because of
> > something
>
> Sorry, didn't notice that in the previous mail -_-.  But please try
> the attachment.

Nope. Still happens. How I can reproduce it:

- mount directory with NFS from dragonfly box with if_rl
- cd into that dir on the NFS client
- do some file I/O (e.g. unpack something large-ish

Instantly after I press enter, that watchdog message appears, and network
performance goes down the drain. It could be hardware related. I will try a
different rl0 nic sometime this weekend (don't have much time to mess with
it). But since I didn't have these problems with 1.2-RELEASE, I don't really
know.

Any more ideas?

Cheers,
Emiel