3ware seems to be dropping support for FreeBSD 4.x?

Joerg Sonnenberger joerg at britannica.bec.de
Mon Oct 10 02:46:01 PDT 2005

On Mon, Oct 10, 2005 at 02:03:07AM +0100, Hiten Pandya wrote:
> Of course, but that is dependant on *why* they are cutting support in the
> first place.  I think supporting DragonFly directly would be a good thing,
> but if they are not ready to bet on us commercially, then FreeBSD-4
> support is what we will take as an exchange.

Are we talking about closed or open source *drivers*? If the drivers are
open, it makes sense for them to reduce the number of compatibility
hacks and is not that bad for us either. In that case asking them to
build the userland tools for FreeBSD-4 isn't that that much of a problem
either, since those should be reasonable independent from the kernel.

Joerg