Timer issues

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Sat Nov 19 09:12:10 PST 2005

:I'll send the output with my next email after my buildworld is done.  But
:before I do the buildkernel, should I try the CLK_USE_I8254... option?
:
:That's the message I get at the console: BIOS fooled with the 8254 - resetting
:it.  After I run X for a while, maybe after switching the video mode, I get
:the message, and the clock runs at a super fast speed, about 3-5x normal.
:
:--
:jm

    No, CLK_USE_8254_CALIBRATION will not help an issue where
    the BIOS messes with the 8254.

    Is ACPI enabled?  It should be using the ACPI timer instead of
    the 8254 if ACPI is turned on.

					<dillon at xxxxxxxxxxxxx>