Timer issues

Chris Csanady cc at 137.org
Fri Nov 18 08:13:31 PST 2005

I have also had trouble keeping my clock in sync with the system(OpenBSD) ntpd included in 1.2.  I think that if your clock is toofast or slow, you are simply out of luck.  Matt wrote a smarterreplacement called dntpd which should be in 1.4, but for now, thenet/ntp4 in pkgsrc should work fine.
To start it at boot time, you will need the following...
/etc/rc.conf:ntpd_flags=""ntpd_program="/usr/pkg/bin/ntpd"
/etc/ntp.conf:server pool.ntp.orgpidfile /var/run/ntpd.piddriftfile /var/db/ntp.drift

Chris