compiling cvsup broken on -current

Bill Hacker wbh at conducive.org
Thu Nov 3 12:01:19 PST 2005

Justin C. Sherrill wrote:

On Tue, November 1, 2005 3:40 pm, Simon 'corecode' Schubert said:

To distribute the repos, we could as well use rsync.  While some people
say that it is not suited for large trees, I can't find this of an
issue with the DragonFly CVS repository.  I can do an empty sync
(everything updated) with rsync in <7 seconds, that's <3.5 secons for
each tree run (if cached, of course).  It isn't specialized for syncing
CVS files, but it does a good job.

I second this - rsync is a relatively common tool, and works fine for this
as far as I know.
Agree here, also.

ezm3 may (or may not) be a nice language, but it is certainly a
'minority' one, hence it has always been a PITA to deal with the fact
that it is not 'already there' when building cvsup.

There may (eventually) be a better answer than rsync, but <whatever>
must be low-hassle and 'good enough for now' with a bit of guidance
and/or canned scripts - as rsync can be.

Bill Hacker