pkgsrc build for HEAD

Joerg Sonnenberger joerg at britannica.bec.de
Wed Nov 2 05:32:19 PST 2005

On Wed, Nov 02, 2005 at 01:37:40AM +0100, Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:
> Hi all,
> current binaries for pkgsrc (signed sums by me) can be
> found on:
> ftp://packages.stura.uni-rostock.de/pkgsrc-current/DragonFly/HEAD/i386/
> A binary bootstrap kit is provided via:
> ftp://packages.stura.uni-rostock.de/pkgsrc-current/DragonFly/HEAD/bootstrap/

Two more notes you might stumble across. The packages and the bootstrap
kit are build for /var/db/pkg as database, so would have to rebuild at
least pkg_install and the bootstrap kit, if you want to use another
location. The packages include the automatic user/group creation
scripts, but there is currently a bug in how they interact with tar for
some packages e.g. postfix. Postfix has two files with group maildrop,
which is just to be created. Due to design contraints, this is leave
files around with the wrong permission. I'm discussing properly fixes
with Hubert Freyer and the other pkg_install hackers. I'll try to
prepare a list of packages affected by this in the next days. A
workaround is installing the package (to get the groups and users),
deinstall and reinstall it again.

Joerg