HEADS UP: recent world troubles

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Mon May 9 10:01:51 PDT 2005

:
:Hi all,
:first of all, sorry for all those who had trouble with a world in the
:last 24 hours. A temporary workaround for rebuilding libc and the
:more important tools like /bin/sh is to set LC_CTYPE to something
:different other than US-ASCII like "en_US.ISO8859-1". This forces
:the dynamic recreation and should be enough to get the tools working.
:
:Jorg

    You have to move the location of the locale files, it's as simple as
    that.  We should have done it right off the bat.  Just move them.
    I don't care what other OS's use for the 'standard' place.  Only the
    citrus code actually uses those files and we control the code so...

    Call it /usr/share/locale_citrus or something like that.

					<dillon at xxxxxxxxxxxxx>