Google's Summer of Code project

Steve mrdomino at gmail.com
Tue May 31 18:24:48 PDT 2005

Google appears to be sponsoring a project called Summer of Code
<http://code.google.com/summerofcode.html> whereby, basically,
organizations and students get paid to do or help with open-source
development work. There is a mentor FAQ located at
<http://code.google.com/mentfaq.html>. As DragonFlyBSD appears to have
a few projects it could use some help with, I think that this project
would be a great thing to get involved with. Is there any interest?

Hidden motive: I'm a student who's been looking at contributing to the
DragonFlyBSD project recently. While I'd do it either way, getting
paid $4500 to code is a slightly more enjoyable prospect than not
getting paid $4500 to code.